CHILDREN’S MINISTRY DIRECTOR
LOCATION: Iron Works Church—Phoenixville
CLASSIFICATION: Part-time (15–20 hours per week)
Iron Works Church is a particular church of the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA). We are seeking a creative, energetic, and focused Children’s Ministry Director. The ideal candidate will be characterized by a love for Christ and the gospel, a passion to see families and children grow and thrive in the gospel, and a true grasp of our philosophy of family ministry and mission to come alongside parents to assist them with the task God has given them to disciple their children.
The Children’s Ministry Director is responsible for the development and implementation of the vision, strategy, and tactical elements for all programs, activities and educational aspects related to Children’s Ministry at Iron Works Church for families with children from nursery age through 5th grade including Children’s Church, Nursery, Sunday School, and other family-related events. Supervises the Children’s Ministry Coordinator in accomplishing administrative tasks.
The Children’s Ministry Director must demonstrate the ability or strong potential ability to meet the following criteria.
- A gospel-centered and grace-oriented life.
- A love for Jesus and His Church, demonstrated in service and faithfulness.
- Ability to embrace the vision, values, and statement of faith of Iron Works Church.
- Biblical and theological discernment consistent with the beliefs of the PCA.
- Demonstrates delegation and administrative skills.
- Reliable, trustworthy, self-starter, and excellent at following through on details.
- Ability to embrace innovation and creativity while adapting to growth and change.
- Ability to use appropriate judgment, discretion, sensitivity, and confidentiality.
- Demonstrates leadership skills utilizing a cooperative, collaborative team leadership style.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain healthy and motivating relationships with supervisors, co-workers, and volunteers
- Ability to understand and keep current on issues related to safety and security
- Demonstrates ability to achieve results.
Provides leadership and oversight to the Children’s Ministry Team:
- Work to develop and implement the vision for children’s ministries in collaboration with the Elders and Leadership Team.
- Recruit Children’s Ministry staff, including employees, leaders, teachers and volunteers
- Responsible for initial and continuing training and mentoring of staff and volunteers
- Provides strategic leadership & planning initiatives
- Offers care and encouragement to Children’s Ministry staff and volunteers.
- Develops processes necessary for effective ministry operations.
- Responsible for Children’s Ministry budget and financial oversight.
- Oversees the selection and implementation of curricula.
- Develops communication plans to keep staff, volunteers, and parents informed.
- Work closely with and manage communication between the Children’s Ministry and other areas of ministry within IWC.
- Develop and implement all safety and security processes for Children’s Ministry in accordance with the IWC safety and security policies.
- Oversee and implement all programming for Children’s Ministry.
- Coordinate family events, seminars, and camps for families/Children.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Assessment based on ability to perform the job.
- Children’s ministry experience preferred.
- Criteria for sufficient education and experience determined during interview.
Interested parties, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 484-928-0560.
This description is intended to depict the general content and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. All employment at Iron Works Church is at will.